Saturday, October 15, 2011

Forgiveness makes the heart grow fonder....

I mentioned awhile back my niece making some bad choices and how I was heart broken over it and the fact that I was afraid she didn't learn anything from her mistakes.  So last week I wrote her a very long letter trying to teach her something from her experience and reminding her how important asking forgiveness is and earning back trust.  I really poured my heart out to her and I wasn't really expecting a response, honestly figured she'd still be mad at me for scoulding her so to speak.  Well I received the sweetest most honest apology email today.  I was so impressed with the maturity she showed- I was very proud of her.  Of course I forgave her- I did before she even asked.  In her email she said she had learned alot and she was afraid it was too late to get back the relationships she lost.  I don't think it is too late and I'm a huge believer in rebuilding!  I'm very relieved that she has softened her heart and learned great life lessons.  I really am very proud of her! 

1 comment: