Saturday, January 21, 2012

YouTube is AMAZING!!!

Okay I know YouTube has been around for quite awhile but just recently I discovered you can learn how to do almost anything by watching youtube.  So my friend Marisa, got me interested in Crocheting on Pinterest- I've been wanting to learn how to do it for years.  My Grandma, always tried to teach me but one thing I'm left handed and it's near impossible to learn from someone right handed and the instruction books are never helpful.  So I was determined I was going to learn.  So I found a few videos of left handed people showing you how to crochet and it finally just clicked.  So a little background I did know how to make a chain, girl I could make a chain from here to China but that was the extent of my experience.  So last saturday I watched several videos and was able to get it but wasn't super confident, so I put it down and went about my day.  I picked it back up on Sunday and I went to town between Sunday and Monday I had completed my very first scarf.  I was so proud of myself and I wore that scarf proudly all week to work!  I felt like a kid bringing home my art project that I'd worked so hard on.  So here is the award winning scarf.  So what have you learned to do on YouTube?


   


2 comments:

  1. WOW!! I so want to learn...I see you and a few others on FB posting pictures. Looks Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Someday I'm gonna learn... someday...

    ReplyDelete