Sunday, March 25, 2012

Wonderful Weekend @ The Beach!

Yes I know it's not beach weather yet- but my husband and I had a fabulous relaxing weekend.  Sometimes it's just nice to chill out, relax and read a good book or catch up on Hulu. So thankful for the time we get to share together and so thankful to be married to such an amazing man.  I am truly blessed!  When I sit down to start counting my blessings it usually overwhelms me.  It really keeps things in perspective for me-when I start to feel sorry for myself or wish I had something I don't. 

I want to remind everyone to be thankful for what and who they have in their lives.  Some people close to me are going through some difficult marital situations and it just reminds me again and again to be so grateful for the marriage I have and to remember that marriage is hard work but so worth it in the end.  I think that's the bottom line- marriage is hard work at times- but the end result can be amazing.  I've been reflecting on so many people that I went to high school and college with that have already been divorced and some more than once- it really breaks my heart- but I truly believe too many people rush into marriage and get married way too young.  I think our society has made marriage so trivial and meaningless that people don't really take it seriously.  It is no longer an institution that people strive to withhold at almost any costs.  It's more of a trial run situation and if it doesn't work oh well.  Okay enough of my ramblings...

Happy Spring to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment